The Discovery Phase
The discovery phase, which is typically the first stage of the design process, is one that I consider to be of utmost importance. The time and energy invested during this stage of the design project are crucial to setting the tone of a project.
Typically, I like to explore a multitude of resources and gather together as many ideas and thoughts as possible. To me, the purpose of this phase is to identify and acknowledge great work. I like to use these findings to draw on inspiration for my project at hand.
The following is a collection of my top ten resources.
- The CSS Awards recognises creative and talented works within the web design industry.
- Best Website Gallery (formerly Make Better Websites) exhibits a gallery of superior websites.
- Site Inspire is a showcase of the finest web and interactive design.
- One Page Love is a collection of the best one-page website designs on the internet.
- UI Garage features all the latest UI design inspiration for desktop, tablet, and mobile.
- Inspired UI is a showcase of the best examples of beautifully designed mobile apps.
- Pttrns showcases the finest collection of mobile app design patterns.
- Mobile Patterns presents a library of iOS and Android reference screenshots.
- Sketch App Sources is the largest collection of free and premium design resources.
- UI Patterns offers a curated list of interactive mobile design patterns.